Sun, Feb 06|
Scottish Indoor Archery Championship 22
The Scottish Indoor Championship is now back on track for February. The new venue at Napier University provides much improved shooting conditions.
Time & Location
Feb 06, 2022, 9:00 AM
Edinburgh, 9 Sighthill Ct, Edinburgh EH11 4BN, UK
About the event
LOCATION: Engage, Napier University, 9 Sighthill Court, Edinburgh EH11 4BN
STATUS: An open event held in accordance with SFAA Ltd articles, rules & bye laws
● All competitors must have read and understand the Tournament Protocol.
● Paid entrants will have priority if a wait list has to be operated.
● Only full members of the SFAA Ltd will be eligible for entry into both the Scottish and Open Championship, all other classes of entrant will be entered into the Open Championship only.
● Guest entries will be accepted at the discretion of the Shoot Director subject to proof of membership of an IFAA affiliate, or other recognised National Governing Body [SAA /Archery GB, NFAS, BLBS].
● Divisions of competition and entry fees are detailed below. See the SFAA or IFAA website for details of the style details.
● The general rules of the competition are as detailed in the latest edition of the IFAA Book of Rules for the IFAA Indoor Round
● Entrants will have the option to choose between a 5 Spot or a Single Spot IFAA Indoor Target face. Where no choice of face is specified then it shall be assumed the archer wishes to shoot a Single Spot face.
● Entrants may, numbers permitting, shoot both morning & afternoon sessions if they want to compete in more than one shooting style i.e. Recurve Freestyle in the morning and Compound Freestyle in the afternoon. Only the first score in the same shooting style will count. Where an archer wishes to shoot both session in the same style then only the morning session score shall be accepted for competition and record purposes.
INTER CLUB ~ TEAM ENTRY DETAILS
The TEAM COMPETITION is held as an integrated part of the Scottish Indoor Championships and will comprise of a team of any 4 archers that are already entered as individuals in the Indoor Championships Competition. The 4 archers should preferably be from the same archery club (making it an Inter Club Competition) but that is not absolutely essential.
Following the success of the event in previous years the TEAM COMPETITION will again be “handicap” based in order to permit a team to comprise of any 4 shooting styles or age groups.
The rules of the competition will be as follows;
● The team entry must be submitted, before the commencement of the MORNING shooting session as the archers may shoot in any of the two sessions (as per their individual entry). TEAM Entry may be submitted by E Mail to: email@example.com and the entry fee paid on the day. Entry fee is £10.00 per team, and must be paid no later than the start of the afternoon session. Annotate your team on the individual entry form
● Each club is encouraged to enter at least 1 team in the competition. A club may enter more than one team and each team given a team name. If a club is short of entrants, they may enlist the support of an “independent” competitor to make up the team,
● Team entries (non club specific) will also be accepted from any 4 competitors.
● The team will comprise of 4 archers from those already entered in the Championship competition, their names and shooting style to be listed on the entry before shooting commences. The first name entered will be the Team Captain. The scores achieved by the 4 nominated archers, during the competition, will then be allocated to the “Handicap” team score.
● An archer may only compete in one team and may only have one score submitted (i.e., NO AM + PM scores).
● The competition will be a handicap competition whereby a score multiplier will be applied to each shooting style.
o The style multiplier is based on the SFAA shooting style “threshold” scores. The threshold score is based on the average of the 3 most recentscores achieved in each shooting style in the Indoor Championships.
o This means that each team may consist of any combination of 4 shooting styles and age groups.
o This should allow each shooting style and age group to compete on as level a basis as is possible.
Registration & Bow InspectionMain Hall
AM BriefMain Hall
Student, Junior & Cub Divisions£10.00+£0.25 service feeSale ended
Non SFAA/IFAA Adult/YA/Vet/Sen
Non SFAA or IFAA Ticket price includes 1 day SFAA Affiliation. Young Adult. Adult, Veteran and Senior Divisions£20.00+£0.50 service feeSale ended
Non SFAA/IFAA Student/Jnr/Cub
Non SFAA or IFAA Ticket price includes 1 day SFAA Affiliation. Students, Junior & Cub Divisions£15.00+£0.38 service feeSale ended